Fast No Knead Bread With Easy Cleanup
photo by bobyan
- Ready In:
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1. In a large bowl combine flour and salt. Add ¼ teaspoon instant yeast and ¼ teaspoon red wine vinegar to1 1/2 cups warm water.Combine wet and dry ingredients together until all moisture is absorbed. Cover and allow to rest for 4 hours.
- 2.Uncover bowl and fold dough over on itself a couple of times. Place dough in the center of a sheet of oiled parchment paper. Rinse the bowl with water. Return the dough in parchment paper to the bowl.Cover and let rest one hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put a 6- to 8-quart heavy covered pot (cast iron, dutch oven, Pyrex or ceramic) in oven as it heats. Carefully remove pot from oven. Place parchment paper and dough into heated pot. Cover with lid. Cut away excess parchment paper and bake 30 minutes, then remove lid and bake another 12 to15 minutes, until loaf is browned. Cool on a rack. Discard parchment paper.
- 4. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Semi retired young man who loves to make easy tasty meals that are also frugal. My home is my castle in South Boston Massachusetts.