Cucumber Bruschetta (No Bread)
This is a refreshing vegetarian appetizer for the warm summer months. Recipe came from First Magazine and was part of their healthy avocado article.
- Ready In:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 English cucumber, sliced digonally
- Prepare your avocado by cutting in half, removing the pit, peeling and cubing it.
- Mix together the avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and onion. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon small avocado mix (you don't want it to fall off and become messy) onto cucumber slices and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A very good combination. I used dill, as DH is not a cilantro fan. Parsley probably would have been a good sub too. I think this could work equally well with lemon, or in the form of a relish to top burgers, fish or chicken. Avocado, cucumber and lemon/lime is a classic "marriage" that never goes out of style!
This recipe was the answer to a long search for something to serve at a cocktail party. It's a great twist on something familiar. It travels well too. Just slice the cucumbers and make the avocado mixture up ahead of time, pack separately and assemble on-site. I like a little chili powder mixed in with the avocado.