Best Ever Bruschetta
I went through a major bruschetta phase and tried many many recipes until I found the perfect one. This was originally Guy Fieri's but is slightly adapted to my taste after making it about a billion times. Cookingt time is marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1 baguette, cut in half length-wise and toasted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the kind in a jar)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups minced roma tomatoes (cut so fine its almost a paste)
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors marinate.
- Slice the bread into individual pieces and spoon the mixture on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What recipe doesn't get "tweaked" by the person prepping it? I mean, seriously. It's supposed to be adjusted to your tastes. Now if you were baking...might be a slightly different "game play". But if you know how to weigh ingredients, you also can make your adaptations. Kitchen play is not for the weak of heart. ;)Reply