- Ready In:
1 thirteen X nine pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, oil and egg.
- Beat on medium speed until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture: press remainder on bottom of greased 13 X 9 inch pan.
- In small saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, chocolate ships, salt and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat until chips melt.
- Pour evenly over prepared crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool thoroughly: cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- Makes 24 bars.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were very good and so easy.I had milk chocolate chips on hand,so that is what I used.I want to try other flavors of cake mix and chips(ie:butterscotch chips,peanut butter chips,semi-sweet)I didn't find them 'dry',the top is somewhat crumbly,but the filling was fudgy.The kids enjoyed them in their lunch boxes.
I made this last night to take to a potluck at work.They were good,very chewy,but I would save a little less of the crumbs for the topping or drizzle the top with more of the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate filling to make it more moist.It was great, just a little dry and I only cooked it for the minimum time.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm retired since August 2007 after 20 years from a library in central Wisconsin. I guess you could say my hobby is cooking. My husband has even gained weight since I am home more. <br /><br />I love trying new recipes and just started smoking food in my new smoker. So far I have only made salmon and turkey. Both turned out good. <br />We have two grown children and two granddaughters. <br /><br />We also love camping and try to go often. My husband loves fishing and hunting so we have alot of fish and venison and the freezer. <br /><br />I love Zaar and visit the site almost every day. I really love it when I get a good review on one of my recipes. I just wish members would alow zaar mail fo I could thank them for the review.</p>