Homemade Granola Bars
photo by Chef on the coast
- Ready In:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup craisins (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160C).
- Grease baking sheet well. (Or use parchment paper).
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in melted butter and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix well and pour onto baking sheet.
- Press down evenly with your hands using waxed paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown (could be as long as 40-45 minutes depending on how crunchy you want them).
- Cool for 15 minutes and cut.
- Let cool completely and store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> SAHM who loves to blog, write and am starting to enjoy this art of cooking and baking.