Fancy Mac 'n' Cheese
great weeknite meal serve with a salad
- Ready In:
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) packages macaroni and white cheddar cheese mix, mix or (7 1/4 ounce) packages macaroni and cheese mix
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Set cheese sauce packet from dinner mix aside. Bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 4 minutes. Add the broccoli, onion and garlic. Cook 3-6 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in cheese sauce mix and milk. Add ham, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in macaroni mixture.
- Transfer to a greased broiler-proof 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over top. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION