- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of tostido corn chips
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can milnot evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F; brown hamburger or turkey meat and drain.
- In a sauce pan cook together milnot,enchilada sauce,cream of chicken and cream of mushroom.
- Bring to a boil and set aside.
- In a casserole pan crush up about 3/4 of the bag of Tostidos and cover the bottom of the dish.
- Layer the browned meat on top of the chips and then pour your sauce mixture on top of that.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cover with foil.
- Bake for around 15 minutes so that the cheese is good and melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I also was very suspicious of the condensed milk. But I was also fascinated with the recipe and decided to take a chance. I used tortilla chips since we do not care for corn chips. I was also unsure of how much red enchalada sauce to use since it is sold in so many different size cans and the recipe didn't say how big a can to use. Although I usually make red enchalada sauce homemade...I almost bought it in the store until I saw the various sizes. I filled one of the soup cans twice with my homemade red sauce since I thought that would estimate a medium sized can. I was also concerned about it not being spicey enough for my husband and son. I tasted the combined sauces after boiling as instructed and decided it needed more 'heat' so served a jar of my homemade salsa(recipe # 9272) on the side and told them that they may want to add more spice to the dish. Both of them complained it was too sweet...but said it was good. Would you believe that they ate 3/4 of the pan by themselves!!! My son said, "make that again but cut down on the sweet taste." I will make it again and probably cut the sweet by at least 1/3 and see if that takes care of it. P.S. I didn't tell them ahead of time what the unusual ingredient was because I didn't want them swayed by it.