Emeril's Spinach, Dried Cherry and Goat Cheese Salad With Warm
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This came from Emeril. He aired this recipe in 2004. I am excited to serve it at Thanksgiving 2007. It is quick, flavorful, and beautiful.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cups fresh spinach, tough stems removed, washed and spun dry (about 12 ounces)
- 1 large orange, segmented
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- n a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and pour off all but 1/4 cup of grease from the pan.
- To the fat in the pan, add the onions and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, pepper, and salt and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mustard and vinegar and cook, stirring to de-glaze the pan. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the cherries and cook, stirring, until slightly plumped and warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and whisk in the oil. Return the bacon to the pan and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the warm dressing. Divide the salad among 4 salad plates, arrange the orange segments around the edges, crumble the goat cheese over the top and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yep, this salad is perfect and would be great with any meal. It accompanied our beef tenderloin Christmas dinner beautifully ! I made the bacon & dressing earlier in the day, then warmed it up and added the dried cherries & bacon right before serving. The combination of flavors is incredible! I used a brown grainy mustard, 3 blood oranges and it was as pretty and it was delicious. Thanks for posting. It got rave reviews all around the table.Reply