Emeril's Sautéed Halibut With Zucchini 'pasta'
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs medium zucchini, ends trimmed (about 4)
- 12 ounces halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup shrimp stock
- 1 cup chopped peeled and seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, garnish
- 5 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- Spice Blend (Emeril's Original Essence): Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Store in an airtight container in your spice cabinet for up to 3 months.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into very thin strips, like pasta. Discard the center seedy pieces and separate the slices.
- Season the halibut lightly on both sides with Emeril's Essence.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the halibut and cook until just cooked through, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
- In a large skillet, heat the extra virgin olive oil over high heat. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and green onions and cook, tossing, until the zucchini is just barley wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the white wine and bring to a boil. Add the stock and bring to a simmer while tossing. Add the tomatoes and remove from heat. Add the herbs and pine nuts and toss again. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the zucchini 'pasta' among 4 shallow pasta bowls or large plates. Arrange the fish on top and sprinkle each portion with 2 tablespoons of the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm 28 years old and I absolutely love to cook. I love to try new things and lucky for me, my husband and son both love to eat! <br /> <br />Here are some pics of my little boy :) <br /> <br /><a href=http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/?action=view?t=rehearsal16.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/rehearsal16.jpg border=0 alt=Ring Bearer /></a> <br /> <br /><a href=http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/?action=view?t=rehearsal13.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/rehearsal13.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /> <br />Here is a picture of my husband and I <br /> <br /><a href=http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/?action=view?t=rehearsal11.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f362/AJG25/rehearsal11.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a> <br /> <br />I love this site and I love all of you for your deliciouse contributions! I feel like it is because of this site that I have become a great cook! I am learning to experiment with flavors and enjoy working with food to find what goes best with what. <br /> <br /><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://c9.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=1969216&c=5907961 border=0 alt= /></a><a href=http://www.vitamindeals.info/articles/vitamin-c.html></a> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>