Emeril Lagasse Clam Chowder
- Ready In:
- 1hr 26mins
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 lb white potato, peeled and medium diced
- 4 cups clam juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 lbs littleneck clams, shucked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy stock-pot, over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the leeks, onion, celery, and carrots.
- Saute for about 2 minutes or until the vegetables start to wilt.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Add the bay leaves and thyme.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes.
- Stir in the clam juice.
- Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer the mixture until the potatoes are fork tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bring up to a simmer.
- Add the clams and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle into shallow bowls and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!