Eloise's Make Ahead Salad
photo by puppitypup
- Ready In:
- Tear lettuce into a 9 x 9 pan. (Use your hands rather than a knife so that the lettuce won't turn brown.).
- Spread celery, green onions, water chestnuts and peas over lettuce.
- Mix sugar and mayonnaise and spread over peas.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and top with egg slices.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was so surprised to see this recipe because I've been making it for at least 15 years and had never seen it anywhere. Most layered salads have grated cheddar cheese which doesn't appeal to me. In re-reading this I realized that my recipe has crumbled bacon in it. Either way, it is delicious. It's called Scandinavian Layered Salad on my recipe.