Elegant Steak Dionne
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs sirloin, fat trimmed (or beef tenderloin)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- Cooking day:.Place the meat in a large freezer bag.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- If freezing, place freezer bag into freezer, keeping as flat as possible.
- Serving day:.Thaw steak.
- Place meat and marinade into crockpot. Simmer on low for about 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat and thinly slice. Place meat on a serving platter; pour juices from crockpot over meat and serve.
- This is great served over noodles, rice, or garlic mashed potatoes. The wine dissipates while cooking but tenderizes the meat and gives it a wonderful, rich flavor.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love that this can be a make-ahead dish (but I didn't wait). And I love that this is a crock pot dish, so it was perfect for a Labor day meal with triple-digit temperatures outside. The only thing I did differently was to keep the mushrooms aside, and I used some of the pan juices to make a mushroom saute to serve over the sliced sirloin: it made a nice presentation. The flavors all mingled perfectly in the crock pot, and it was a rich flavor, not too sweet, salty, tangy or "herby." I think the marinade would also do well for the grill if given a chance to sit with the meat for a few hours. Well done, Rottmom! We enjoyed this very much. Made for PAC, Fall 09
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm Melissa, I've been married to my best friend Michael for the past 13 years. <br /><br />I love to cook when I have time, and am constantly looking for new and fun dishes to try out. My signature dishes are a posole dish, chili, and also my hub's favorite, lasagna. Often, I will wing it in the kitchen, either loosely following recipes or not using one at all. <br /><br />I have just started to do Once A Month Cooking. For me, this system is a lifesaver. Working full time and commuting over 2 hours a day leaves me with little time or energy to make weeknight meals. I love the convenience of having delicious, homemade frozen meals already prepared and ready to heat up. <br /><br />This year has been a rough one on a personal level. In January we lost our 5 year old Rottie very suddenly to a seizure of some sort. In June, my husband was in a coma as a result of a drug interaction. In September, we lost our second dog to Histiocystic Sarcoma, which we did not know he had until right before we had to put him down. For me, cooking can become therapeutic, allowing me to forget about my worries and hurts, and letting me create something sarisfying. <br /><br />I work for a financial company. In my spare time, I love spending time with my husband, gardening, reading, watching movies, creating art, and improving our home.</p>