Eggs In a Basket
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Remove the crust from each slice of bread.
- Lightly brush each slice of bread on both sides with the melted butter.
- In a large cup muffin pan, place and mould each slice of bread in individual cups.
- Break a fresh egg in each muffin cup.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each egg cup.
- Add a dab of cold butter (or oleo) on top of each egg cup.
- Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Once the eggs are done, remove from oven let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the egg baskets from the muffin pan and serve hot with your other favorite Easter foods.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i too made these in class and they are good when your in a hurry cause they are fast to make dont have to be watched that closely you can add chopped scallions and link sausage thats been microwaved a little alitlle butter on top of egg is good the can also be cooked longer til they are like hard boiled which is how boyfriend likes them
I kid you not I too made this in Home Ec class 60 years ago - fond memories! I took a couple of libertires I used an Italian Calabese Roll (sp), took our some of the center crumbs popped a slice of crumbled bacon and a small chunk of cheddar under the egg- Baked at 350 for 15 minutes The bun came out all crunchy. Served with Potato Mushroom Saute - Lovely Brunch Thanks Gee Bee