Eggs Baked With Grits and Ham
photo by mariam c.
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter, oil, or cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the grits according to package directions.
- Once the grits are cooked, stir in 3/4 cup of Cheddar cheese, the ham, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and the garlic powder and continue stirring until the cheese melts.
- Scrape the grits mixture into the prepared pan.
- Using a spoon, make four egg-size indents in the grits mixture.
- Crack 1 egg into each nest.
- Season the eggs lightly with salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar.
- Bake until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny and the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!