Creamed Ham With Peas
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups diced ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the green onion and minced parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk and heavy cream.
- Stir in diced ham and cooked peas, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice, grits, toast, or biscuits.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this pretty much as given, although, like another reviewer, I didn't cook the thawed peas (much prefer them uncooked!) & that worked out just fine for us! Served over a thick slice of toasted whole grain bread & it's a comfort meal plus! Many thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]