Easy Vanilla Wafer Crust
- Ready In:
1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place wafer cookies in a ziplocked bag. Roll a rolling pin over the bag until the wafers have been crushed into fine crumbs; pour crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter or margarine to the bowl and slowly combine with the crumbs using a mixing spoon.
- Turn crumb mixture onto a 9-inch pie plate and spread evenly around.
- Using a small measuring cup (or your fingertips works fine) tightly press the crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of the pie pan to form a firm and even crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Connecticut, US but originally from London, UK. I moved here to be with my husband (then fiance) whom I met on the Internet in 2001. We have four beautiful animals. Gideon - an 11.5 lb chihuahua (and still growing!) and our three kitties; Piper, Lily and Silas. <img src="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/xKellogsx/giddy.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> Gideon aka 'Giddy' <img src="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/xKellogsx/pip.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> Piper <img src="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/xKellogsx/lily.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> Lily <img src="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/xKellogsx/silas.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> Silas One of my biggest hobbies right now is Recipe Zaar, collecting recipes, recipe books etc and of course, cooking. Particularly baking. I am currently trying to incorporate new foods into my diet and having fun experimenting. I also enjoy going to church, reading, and taking photos. I am a Christian actively trying to serve God and was saved Jan 1st 2003. <center><img src="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/xKellogsx/untitled2.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"></center>