Uncle Bill's Graham and Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust
I have been using this crust recipe for many of the pies that I make. As requested, I am posting the crust recipe. This recipe can be adapted to many different pies. This is a typical recipe that can be adapted to many different pies, cheesecake squares, raspberry cupcakes.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped lightly toasted almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- vegetable oil, spray for pie dish
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, combine graham wafer and vanilla cookie crumbs and almonds, mix well to combine.
- Cut in butter using a pastry blender or a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Prepare a 9 inch oven-proof pie dish by spraying with some vegetable oil, then dust with flour, Shake off any excess flour off the pie dish and discard.
- This prevents the shell from sticking to the dish when baked.
- Spoon wafter mixture into the pie dish; press evenly to the bottom and sides using a rounded soup spoon. Also, use a potato masher with small holes or squares to firm the bottom crumb mixture. The thickness should be about 1/4 inch.
- Place the prepared pie dish in the freezer compartment for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400 F oven to set the crust.
- Cool baked pie crust and continue with your pie filling mixture of your choice.
- Pecans can also be used for some pie recipes.
- Suggested recipes to look at: #87452, #18007, #18795, #18705, #18353, #18457.