Easy Tortellini Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb tortellini (frozen, dried or fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar (red or white)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- assorted fresh vegetable (optional)
- Cook the pasta until it’s al dente, don’t over cook it or the stuffing will fall out and the pasta will be mushy. While the pasta cooks, stir together all of the remaining ingredients. If you’re adding veggies that need a quick blanch before you toss them in, do that while the pasta cooks too. I added olives, but I wanted them to be nice and firm so I added them right before serving.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and rinse it in cold water. Let the pasta cool before you toss it with the dressing. Chill in the fridge for 2-24 hours, and allow the dish to come to room temperature before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I found the dressing to be oily, but otherwise enjoyed the salad. I think it would also be helpful if the veggie suggestions were listed in the recipe so as to help less experienced cooks needing more direction. I used sliced black olives, green onions, shredded carrot, green pepper, and red peppers. I also added some oregano after tasting the salad. The garlic flavor did come through which we liked. Thank you for sharing your recipe and I hope you post more! Made for Fall 08 Pick A Chef.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooker, caker, trouble maker.