Easy Simple Sweet Potatoes or Yams
photo by Muffin Goddess
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Scrub sweet potatoes clean under running water.
- Poke holes ( all over) in the potatoes with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees f for about 1 hour or until they are soft ( place potatoes directly on rack withour wrapping n foil).
- Put butter in dish on table.
- Put brown sugar in dish on table.
- Score the sweet potatoes down the middle.
- Serve to everone and have each person put butter and brown sugar ( to liking ) on the potato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I make sweet potatoes a lot, but typically in the microwave. This was a nice treat, because usually I only get to enjoy real baked sweet potatoes during the holidays or at restaurants. Nothing compares to real oven-baked potatoes, no matter what kind they are. Thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.