Easy Mocha Fruitcake (Christmas)
photo by Ninna
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 150 g chocolate with fruit and nuts, I use a block of Cadbury
- 1 kg dried fruit (raisins, sultanas and currants)
- 2 cups strong coffee
- rum, to taste, brandy can be used instead
- Chop raisins if they are large in half then soak fruit overnight in coffee and rum (or brandy).
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) and coat a 20cm x 28cm (8" x 12")tin with cooking spray, then line base with baking paper.
- Chop chocolate into pieces, then mix together with dried fruit mixture and flour.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake 2hrs or until cooked through.
- Put some baking paper on top of cake to prevent burning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi I’m Glen and I live in Sydney with my wonderful husband Ross. We have eight beautiful grandchildren, two of them live near us in Sydney, two live in Western Australia, two more live in Queensland and another two in northern NSW. I can't imagine how I ever managed before I found Zaar - I use it regularly to plan meals and find new and interesting recipes and most important of all to keep track of our family favourites. <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://wmg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://wmg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/1159781795.pbw" height="240" width="360"></embed> The photos are of our beautiful grandchildren. <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://wmg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://wmg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/1160294339.pbw" height="360" width="360"></embed> <a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/Collagez520-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">