Easy Mexican Taco Dip
photo by MsSally
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (250 g) package brick light cream cheese spread, softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup drained canned black beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded light double 2% cheddar cheese (made with 2% milk)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- baked corn tortilla chips
- chopped fresh cilantro
- With your mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese spread until creamy.
- Add the taco seasoning mix to the cream cheese.
- Beat until well blended.
- Spread onto bottom of a quiche dish or a 9 inch flat bottomed bowl or pie plate.
- Add the remaining ingredients in layers over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for ZWT-8 Family Picks & a Tex-Mex nite as a starter to accompany Recipe #330913 by FlaKeysJen. I used a med-heat salsa, left out the black beans as a pers pref & otherwise made it as written. I really liked the combo of flavours & esp appreciated the variety of textural components. It was chunky, tasty & suited our preferences extremely well. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
This was very good and less guilty than most of the food we eat during football season! So I love that! I think next time I will leave the lettuce and onions off, then heat in the oven till bubbly, and then add them + some jalapenos to the top! I can't wait to try it again! Thanks for posting! [Made for Holiday tag 2009]