Easy Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Line a 9 inch pie dish with double crust pastry - see description.
- Dice chicken and place in a large bowl.
- Mix cornflour with a couple of tablespoons of milk and add to bowl.
- Add vegetables (if you don't have left overs, cook some frozen mix veges, drain and add to bowl).
- Add herbs, celery soup and mushroom soup. Stir together.
- Pour filling into pastry lined pie dish. Arrange top layer of pie crust, seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust to allow for steam to escape.
- Place pie on cookie sheet. Put aluminum foil around the pie crust edges. Bake at 200 degrees C for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes until golden brown.
- stand for 5 minutes before serving with mash potato and salad of choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
HI! I am a late bloomer with cooking, and choose to live a healthy lifestyle with low carb and low fat foods as part of my main diet. At times, I do indulge! especially when I have guests around, but much prefer the simple, tasty life. Hope you enjoy the recipies I post!