Easy Cheesy Mexican Lasagna
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, then drain. Season meat with chili powder, salt and pepper, garlic powder and red pepper. Season to taste measurements are approximate.
- Add can of stewed tomatoes, with juice, to meat and stir until well blended. Add beans, corn, onion, and sour cream to meat and tomatoes.
- In a 9x9 pan place four small torillas. Spoon half of meat mixture on the tortillas, spinkle with cheese. Layer 4 more tortillas, the rest of the meat and another layer of cheese. Finish with four torillas and a covering of cheese.
- Bake at 350 until tortilla on top crisp and cheese bubbles, about 10-15 minutes. Serve with sour cream on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love the flavor of the stewed tomatoes in this! I had only one issue with the recipe as written, and that is that I did not have room for all the layers in my 9 inch pan. I ended up not using quite all the filling and skipping the top tortilla/cheese layer. Also, if I would have made the recipe as written, I count only 12 tortillas used rather than 16, but that's a very minor point. This was really quite good, and I'll keep this recipe to make again - but next time I will make the whole filling, then freeze half for use later, as this was a ton of food for my family. Made for PAC Spring '11.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a new wife and mother who cooks seven days a week. I'm always on the lookout for new recipes and inexpensive meals. Alot of the things I cook are a little "experamental" but most of them taste alright after a few tries, everyone's got to learn sometime right?