Easy Beef Burgundy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb bottom round steak, cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup good Burgundy wine (do not use cooking wine)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Brown beef cubes in oil.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and saute' 3-5 minutes (being careful not to burn garlic).
- Add broth, tomato paste and wine; simmer, covered, 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water in small bowl.
- Stir into beef burgundy.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am happily married to my best friend and we just bought our first house! No kids but we have 2 little dogs that we think the world of. I was born in California and although I have been on the East Coast for most of my life I am still displaced! I love the beach and hate the cold! In our free time we love to go to the beach or the mountains and hike or intertube down the lazy Shenendoah River. It is so beautiful there! I have loved to cook all of my life and will read cookbooks like they are novels! Participation & Awards: These are some of the fun games and clubs here at Zaar. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/berriesblinkie.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <img src="http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t237/akplongmeadow/ZWT3b.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">