Eastern North Carolina Cole Slaw
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sweet pickle, cubes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove outer leaves and core from cabbage. Cut head in half and grate fine.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, add cabbage, and mix thoroughly.
- Chill for one hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I like to eat and I'm getting better at cooking. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br />I'm a Navy Veteran, married to a Navy Veteran, with three young kids. <br />After 2 years in Hawaii where it was just too hot to bake routinely, I'm happy to be in Nebraska now where I can bake all winter! I look forward to rediscovering (and posting) some of my yummy winter recipes!</p>