Easter Egg Cheese
photo by Capn Ron
- Ready In:
- 18 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 quarts milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Make a double thick cheesecloth bag that's rounded and about 4" in diameter.
- Pour milk into large bowl and add eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Beat until foamy.
- Pour into saucepan and cook over LOW heat until it becomes SOFT scrambled eggs. Be careful and keep stirring because it burns easily.
- Pour mixture into cheesecloth, twist the open end, tie, then hang from the inside of a kitchen cabinet, with a bowl underneath. Let it hang drain overnight.
- Carefully remove cheese from bag to avoid breaking and cool in refrigerator. You can make this cheese a few days ahead of Easter, and store it in your refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY