Cirak (Slovak Easter Cheese) Egg Roll
photo by Jane from Ohio
- Ready In:
- 15 extra large eggs
- 1 quart whole milk
- 5 -6 whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- Pour milk into saucepan and bring to boil.
- Beat eggs slightly (I use a wire whisk and incorporate all the whites).
- Gradually add to the milk.
- Add pepper and salt.
- Stir constantly so mixture will not scorch.
- mixture will get thick.
- Pour mixture into a linen towel, (Can use cheesecloth).
- squeeze and tie tightly.
- Hang from faucet and let drain for two hours.
- Cover with wet napkin
- Place in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!