Dutch Oven Pork Roast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Modified ever so slightly from: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/17812627326/the-healthy-gluten-free-lifes-dutch-oven-pork
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 5 lbs pork roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325 F with the rack in the lower middle.
- Dry the roasts with paper towels and iberally season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Sear the roasts and brown on all sides.
- Take your time browning each roast to make sure they get a nice and toasty.
- While the pork is browning, add the onion, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, oregano, chili powder, rosemary, granulated onion, cumin, salt, and some freshly ground black pepper into a food processor.
- Pulse until blended.
- When the pork has finished browning, tuck both of them back into the Dutch oven and remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the sauce to pot….
- …and add the water.
- Cover the pot….
- …and pop it in the oven for 2.5-3 hours or until the pork is fork tender.
- Shred with two forks and dig inches.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION