- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) package lit'l smokie cocktail franks
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup water
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until soft.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, beer and water; bring to a boil then lower to simmer and cook about 30 minutes.
- Add cocktail wieners and stir until wieners are coated.
- Transfer mixture to crockpot and put temperature on low.
- Keep covered and on low.
- Let guests serve themselves from crockpot.
- Note: Double sauce ingredients if making 2 pkgs.
- of wieners.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!