Grandma's Secret Wiener Schnitzel Recipe
Grandma keeps her Wiener schnitzel recipe a closely guarded secret. Unfortunately for her, it's not that hard to figure out. Anyway, it's a really easy and delicious way to prepare chicken or turkey breasts, or even the traditional veal. My husband demands I make it more than I can stand eating it.
- Ready In:
- 1 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb veal, if you're feeling fancy
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- cooking oil
- Pound meat until it is less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Into a large skillet, pour oil approximately 1/4-inch deep; heat until oil bubbles when you drop in a pinch of breadcrumbs.
Beat egg, add:
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Add parsley to breadcrumbs.
- Dredge meat in egg, then breadcrumb mixture; fry until golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I would've given this a 5 rating, but you just HAVE to dip it in flour first, then egg, then crumbs. The pre-flouring ensures that your delicious crumb coating stays perfectly intact on your fried foods (any of them). So, I did that, and followed rest of your recipe to a TEE. Now MY husbands wants this more than I can stand!