Denver Potato Casserole
A nice comfort food that can quickly be thrown together. Best of all, it works for any meal of the day.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a greased 2 quart baking dish layer 1/2 each of the potatoes, ham, peppers and cheese.
- Then repeat with remaining ingredients in the following order; ham, peppers and onion. Top with remaining potatoes.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered, 5 minutes more until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #62* Truly comfort food ! Made as posted, but didn't notice the "covered" for first 45 minutes -- so covered and baked for additional 25 til potatoes were softer. Turned out just fine. My only addition would be maybe some Italian seasoning, or basil at least -- certainly no salt ! For the 2 of us, plenty for another meal. HMM -- maybe just a shot of hot sauce. Thanks for posting, Chef Buggsy.Reply
see 2 more