Delicious One Pot/Casserole Chicken Thighs
Great comfort food and the flavour of the chicken combined with the vegetables is just lovely and its so easy to put together - it almost cooks itself! the blend of flavours makes it a meal that my family ask for again and again.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 9 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 ounces bacon, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, small, thick slice (optional)
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 tablespoons tomatoes, and basil sauce
- 1 bell pepper, small diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Coat the chicken in flour. Heat large fry pan or skillet ; add the oil, and seal chicken until turning a golden brown. Place in casserole dish or your slow cooker.
- Add all the vegetables and the bacon/ham to the fry pan and cook for 2 minutes then stock cubes , cayenne pepper simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Add to the chicken, making sure that there is enough liquid to not quite cover the meat. Add a little extra water if necessary. Cook in a moderate oven 180°C for 1 hr 30 minutes, or until cooked.
- To microwave, bring to the boil on full, then set on 30% for 45 minutes to simmer.
- Serve with new potatoes or rice and fresh vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Delicious comfort food! Cooked this dish in my slow cooker and served it with some garlic mashed potatoes. The only changes I made was to leave out the celery/bell peppers and to use pre-made stock. Otherwise, I made as directed. I love cooking with chicken thighs as I feel they are more flavorful. Will definitely make again! Made for Make My Recipe Reunion, December, 2012.