Decadent Chocolate Brownies
photo by Amber M.
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 177 Celsius.).
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg and butter. Whisk until blended smoothly.
- Whisk in white sugar, then add vanilla and baking powder.
- Add cocoa powder, blend thoroughly.
- Mix in flour (SLOWLY) and and then sour cream. Batter will be THICK! This is okay. If you find the batter is not thick or is runny, add 1/4 cup more flour. If you find the batter is getting too thick too fast, don't add the full cup. (If you feel the batter is far too thick you can always add more sour cream and/or some milk!).
- Fold in chocolate pieces. I don't use baking chocolate - I use milk chocolate bars with almonds. Use your favorite brand.
- Grease a 9" round or square baking tin. Pour brownie mix in, smoothing out with your spatula gently until it reaches the sides.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean. For me with a gas oven, that's 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!