Outrageously Healthy Deep Chocolate Brownies
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup oil substitute (sunsweet light bake)
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oveb to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2 inch pan.
- Melt dark unsweetend chocolate and mix with oil, oil substitute, splenda sugar blend, vanilla, instant espresso, and egg substitute. Stir misture well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients until mixed but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Do not overbake! Cool, thouroughly and then cut into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
No doubt about the chocolate impact. In fact I cut the unsweetened chocolate back to 3 ounces and I stopped weighing the cocoa at 3.5 ounces when it reached 2 cups! If I make these again I'll certainly use more Splenda I included chopped hazelnuts which are lovely. I love bittersweet chocolate and this amount of unsweetened chocolate and cocoa was stronger than even I loved (and I didn't use all that was ask for). I was truly surprised that with all of the oil and egg that they are quite dry and I recommend that you plan to have milk or coffee at hand. The coffee addition is wonderful. Made for Comfort Cafe, Summer 09.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Just added my first child to my family in June 2008. I am learning to be a good mom and homemaker and it is a real challenge, but a great one! I love to cook and try new ideas. I also love the outdoors, travel, live basketball, running, hiking...etc!! I am a southern girl at heart and I love being a housewife. I love all types of foods and I love to re-make recipes into a more "healthy" versions.