From the Behrendsen family. These are fluffy and really different from heavy floury dumplings.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- In heavy saucepan, heat butter and water over med-low heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour.
- Return to med-low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add the eggs, 3 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in a dash of salt.
- Drop dumplings into boiling soup.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes with lid off.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are indeed different...I only made half this recipe which made a huge batch. I don't know what size they're usually made, I pushed the dough off into the chicken soup from a soupspoon. That size they did not need to cook very long at all. When I added the flour to the hot water, it thickened right away without further cooking. The eggs mixed in easy and made a very smooth paste. The reason for the missing star is they don't have any texture. They are very light, you don't even need to chew, but I think this is just a matter of personal taste:)Reply