Curry-Apple Turkey Loaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A nice variation on turkey meatloaf. Don't remember where I got the recipe but know it's a crowd pleaser for anyone who likes curry flavor. We like a hot curry blend, but others may want to start with something less spicy and work up.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 medium size granny smith apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion and apple until limp; add curry powder, coriander, and parsley; continue cooking for two more minutes.
- Thoroughly mix onion-apple mixture with remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pan-fry a small sample to check seasoning. Add salt, pepper, and curry to taste.
- Pat into a 9x5 loaf pan or 8" square pan; bake one hour at 350 degrees. Test by cutting to be sure that loaf is not pink in center.
- Turn out onto a platter and garnish with apple wedges and chutney to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is similar to a recipe my mom used to make, I think based on a Jane Brody NYT recipe from years ago. Thought it was good overall, would definitely suggest you are careful to include enough salt, pepper and curry. My one note is that 60 min is way too long to cook (especially if only a pound of meat) — mine was ready after 20 min.Reply