Crustless Mini Quiches
Use your blender. I serve ours with steamed broccoli and a salad. Try adding leftover cooked spaghetti, cut into 1 inch pieces, to each compartment after bread crumbs are sprinkled into each compartment.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1 cup shrimp or 1 cup bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, diced
- 4 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 12 standard size muffin cups with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Using blender, combine cheese, half-and-half, mayonnaise, eggs, flour, tarragon, salt, and pepper in blender jar.
- Process until well blended.
- Fill each cup with about a 1 1/2 tablespoons of meat choice, and 1 tablespoon each of mushrooms and 1 teaspoon each of onion.
- Pour equal amounts of egg mixture over each.
- Cups will be about half full.
- Bake 22 minutes, or until quiches are lightly golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Note: The quiches will be puffy when removed from oven, but deflate rapidly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These little delights were absolutely delicious and so pretty with our brunch. We lowered the onion content a bit for personal taste, but followed the rest of the recipe as is. They set up and held together very nicely and looked quite elegant on our plates. The taste is out of this world and I completely agree with the other reviewers that the tarragon, egg, swiss cheese, mushroom, and breadcrumb combination is just terrific! Thanks for the outstanding recipe!1Reply
Made these (making as 2 servings) but found to get the tablespoon amounts in the directions I had to double the amount of ham, mushrooms and onions) otherwise these came out beautifully and the DM enjoyed 3 as a dinner with some coleslaw and I heated the other 3 up in the microwave the following morning and she enjoyed for breakfast. Thank you WiGal, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16. UPDATE just realized in using Australian spoons which are slightly larger than American ones is the reason the measurements were out for me.Reply
see 4 more