Tuna Mini Quiches
- Ready In:
24 mini quiches
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Make the crust by mixing the Bisquick and butter in a small bowl. Add boiling water, stirring quickly until soft dough forms.
- Make teaspoon sized balls of dough and press into the muffin cups, forming a little pie crust up the sides and on the bottom.
- Divide the tuna evenly among the muffin cups.
- Beat the milk, butter and egg in a small bowl. Stir in the chives and salt. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons of the egg mixture into each muffin cup. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges are brown and centers are cooked.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We don't have many things in the cupboard right now, so I was looking for a recipe that could add a little flavor to the staples we had at hand. This recope seemed just the thing. I changed a few things: I used a regular muffin pan, I didn't have Bisquick so I made a pie-style crust with flour and shortening and water. Also, I added a small layer of cheddar cheese to the bottoms of the quiches before I put the tuna in, and added some chopped cherry tomatoes and pepper. They were great. Everyone in the family ate them. Even my Fiance' who "doesn't" eat tuna. I put some Lawry's salt on each one before serving it instead of putting salt into the egg mix. I will definitely make this again!! Thank you for the recipe. I think it would probably be yummy with some crumbled bacon too. :)!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am.... Mommy to 3 of the sweetest boys EVER, ages 6, 4 and almost 2. married to a wonderful man for 5 years now! usually melting in the heat in AZ, but it's now in the 80's so I'm bundling up....brrrr! addicted to scrapbooking. in love with cookbooks, but since I found this site I'm getting rid of them all! Yeah! a FLYBaby...see www.flylady.net because she's awesome. LindaMom's daughter, so check out her recipes! obsessed with The Office on NBC. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view¤t=tish3.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish3.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008"></a>