Moist, tender muffins, brimming with the most scrumptious, buttery streusel. Note: This is one of my favorite recipes- so I felt terrible to see that a reviewer had problems with the recipe! It really is a wonderful recipe- but you have to be really careful not to over-mix!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup lightly-salted butter
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, stir together topping ingredients (flour, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, egg and egg yolk, vanilla, and almond extract until blended.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Transfer tins to wire rack. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins. Remove muffins onto wire rack.
- Sift confectioner's sugar over muffins. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an air tight container at room temperature.
- Note: These muffins freeze beautifully! If you are planning on doing so, let the muffins thaw before adding confectioner's sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
When I read this recipe I figured there was no way that these could go wrong...looked so great. I don't know what I did wrong but they just didn't turn out. They looked good, but when I went to peel a wrapper off it was stuck like cement. I tried some of the center and it had decent flavor, but the texture was chewy and tough. So sorry, I really wanted to like these but it just didn't work for me. Made for Theirs, Yours, & Mine Photo Tag.Reply