Crock Pot Chicken Vindaloo (Ww 5 Pts. Per Serving)
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 25mins
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges through the root end
- 3⁄4 lb potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 -3 teaspoon Thai red curry paste, can use green
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- In single layers, place onion, potatoes and chicken in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Combine the broth, curry paste, and curry powder in a medium bowl; pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook until the chicken and potatoes are fork tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- About 35 minutes before cooking is done, stir the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and coconut milk into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high until vegetables are crisp tender, about 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We love curries - and the slow cooker is my best friend, so I was so excited to find this recipe. Unfortunately, I would have to agree with the previous viewer who found it to be too bland. I added a heaping tablespoon of the red curry paste, and the full amount of curry, so I didn't go easy on the spices. Next time I will look at some other curries to see what my options are as far as spices go. I added my frozen vegetables about 45 minutes before we ate, and they, as well as the rest of the recipe other than the spiciness, was great! Will work with this to see if I can boost the flavor.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've collected recipes since I was a teen. After all these years I'm trying to get all my index cards and clippings, that still sound interesting to me, posted here so that I can find them and eventually make them! <br /> <br />I've posted some of my Mom's recipes. I regret not having paid more attention to my Grandmothers' cooking. They made some dishes that I miss and there were/are no recipes for them. <br /> <br />I have a wonderful DH and 2 wonderful sons. They are thrilled that I found this site since they directly benefit from it! Before finding 'Zaar, I was less of a cook and more of a recipe collector but now I try many more things and we're having more fun in the kitchen (at least I am)! <br /> <br />Thanks for all your ratings, comments and help in the forums AND for posting so many great recipes. You've enhanced my cooking skills and expanded my horizons! I've learned so much. <br /> <br />For fun, I also like to read fiction, travel, see movies and shows, shop (and I love to browse thrift shops and rummage/garage sales for cookbooks, etc.). <br /> <br />The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a new star Brillat-Savarin</p>