Ww 5 Pt. Shrimp in Marinara Sauce
photo by momaphet
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned tomato, diced, drained
- 8 ounces dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (no salt added)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (do not add if tomato paste has salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 30 seconds. Add oil and heat 30 seconds more. Add the shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes, until just pink.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook stirring frequently, 8 minutes, until the sauce is thickened. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Another amazing meal, Nif!I never get tired of shrimp, and it's hubby's favorite so we were pleased as punch over this meal!I cut back the red pepper flakes just a bit, but made as is the rest of the way.I served this with a cold spinach salad with red onion and crisp bacon crumbled up. It was a fantastic meal!Thank you for another keeper, Nif! Made For Go For The Green event at KK's site!