Crispy Salmon Cubes With Chilli Ginger Glaze
- Ready In:
- 2 (160 g) salmon fillets (skinless)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- peanut oil (or bran oil to shallow fry)
- 20 basil leaves (Thai)
Chilli Ginger Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar (125ml)
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar (110grams)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (finely grated)
- 4 chilies (birdseye seeded finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- To make chillie ginger glaze, place all ingredients in a small saucepan on high heat and heat until boiling and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until slightly thickened, set aside.
- Cut salmon fillets into 2cm cubes and add to rice flour and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high and cook salmon cubes in batches for 1-2 minutes each side, until crisp and golde and drain on papere towel.
- Place salmon cubes on 20 chinese soup spoons and add 1 Thai basil leaf and drizzle over glaze and serve with any remaining glaze alongside.
- If you don't have any chinese spoons, you can use small shallow dishes with toothpicks for picking up the salmon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.