CREOLE SHRIMP & ANDOUILLE SKEWERS
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, rinsed, peeled and deveined
- 16 pieces red onions
- 16 pieces bell peppers
- 12 slices andouille sausages, cut into 1/2-inch thick
- 12 whole cherry tomatoes, washed
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine seasoning, butter, lemon juice and zest. Toss prawns until well coated. Tread on red onion, bell pepper, andouille, cherry tomato, and then prawn, piercing it twice. Repeat the same order of ingredients finishing with onion. Brush remaining creole mixture over the skewers.
- Heat grill to 450-500ºF and just before putting the skewers, brush grates with oil, using tongs and paper towels. Place skewers on BBQ and grill for 5-6 minutes, turning once. Makes 4 skewers.
Join The Conversation