Creamy Raspberry Dessert
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 50mins
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- fresh raspberry (to garnish)
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter.
- Press into the bottom of an 8-in. or 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for filling, drain raspberries and reserve juice. Set berries aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine juice, cold water and gelatin. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended.
- Add berries and gelatin mixture; beat on low until thoroughly blended.
- Chill until partially set.
- Watch carefully, as mixture will set up quickly. By hand, gently fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into the crust. Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Top with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Illinois with my husband and we both love to try new things. He's definitely a better cook than I am, but I try to keep up. We have three dogs but no kids as of yet. Maybe in the next year or two we will start thinking about children but for now we are enjoying our time together. I love making up drinks and desserts and i'm not too bad at baking.