Creamy Pork Chops and Rice Dish--Comfort Food!
- Ready In:
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.5 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9x13 glass pan with non-stick spray.
- Brown the pork chops in oil and garlic. Season liberally with garlic salt and black pepper.
- While the pork chops are cooking, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour into the 9x13 pan.
- Place pork chops on top of the rice mixture and pour the pan dripping over the pork chops.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a full time wife and mom who works in clinical research full-time. That leaves me with only part-time cooking time. I'm addicted to Food Network and am always try to make quick and easy meals for my family. I come up with recipes from "a little of this and a little of that" and see what comes out :) I am a novice cook who aspires not to be great but to be satisfying. The best compliment is a big smile and a request to make it again. Any feedback that you can provide on my recipes is greatly appreciated.