Creamy Orzo With Parmesan and Peas
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Microwave broth in bowl until steaming, about 2 minutes.
- In separate bowl, microwave orzo, onion, garlic, and 1 T butter, stirring occasionally, until orzo is lightly toasted, 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer hot orzo to slow cooker, immediately stir in wine, and let sit until wine is almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in hot broth and ½ tsp salt.
- Cover and cook until orzo is tender, 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours on HIGH.
- Stir in peas and let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan and remaining 2 T butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION