Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in the sour cream, process cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, mustard and pepper until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Drain macaroni; toss with cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Add cream sauce and mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's the winner! My daughter is very picky about mac & cheese -basically only likes the Kraft stuff - tried many homemade recipes over the years with ho-hum responses, but I got her with this one! She loved it, we loved it...hooray! Thanks to you I don't have to tolerate the blue box stuff when we want mac & chese here. (not wild about it myself) Thanks!