Creamy Chicken Hotpot
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 kg butternut squash, peeled & diced
- 600 g leeks, washed & thinly sliced
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 75 g pearl barley
- 200 g soft cheese
- 20 g fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan, cut each chicken breast into 4, dust in the flour & brown in the hot oil for 4-5 minutes. Add the squash & leeks,& cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the hot stock & add the barley.bring to the boil, then cover & simmer for about 45 minutes until the stock has reduced & the barley is tender.
- Stir in the cheese, mix until melted, then add the parsley & season.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!