Creamy Chicken and Biscuit Bake
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 3 -4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can flakey biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray bottom and sides of 11x9" baking dish with Pam.
- Heat butter in a skillet till melted, Saute chopped onion till tender.
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimento in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Arrange biscuits in single layer on top.
- Sprinkle biscuits with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until biscuits turn golden brown and the sauce is bubbly (about 20 minutes longer).
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am rating this lower than others because it turned out a little drier than I expected. I did use a 9x13 pan which may have been part of issue. The gravy was very thick and the texture of the dish reminded me of tuna noodle casserole. If I made this again, I would use the recommended pan and add more liquid. I expected the dish to have a thinner consistency like chicken pot pie.