Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Farfalle
photo by Lady Wheeler
- Ready In:
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 -3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bottle fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 4 -5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used Tyson frozen grilled chicken strips)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pint half-and-half
- milk (as needed)
- salt and pepper
- With a little oil, sauté the onions over medium low heat in a deep skillet. My preference when cooking onions is to let them get a lot of color.
- Next, add the bacon, garlic, and Italian dressing. The dressing makes a nice base for the sauce, but I like to let it simmer for a few minutes like this so the majority of the vinegar taste cooks off.
- Add the half and half, you can use fat-free if you would like. It’s important at this step to be sure that your skillet isn’t too hot, as you don’t want the dairy to curdle or separate.
- Now it’s time to add your cooked chicken, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and parsley. I added my chicken while it was still mostly frozen, and it still turned out lovely.
- Now is the time when you need to decide your preference in sauce. Do you like it a little thicker? Throw in some more cheese. Is it way too gloppy and thick? Add in a splash or two of milk until you get the consistency you like. Once you’re happy, cover your sauce and keep over medium-low heat while you prepare your farfalle. Stir occasionally.
- When pasta is done and drained, toss it all together and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!